Thankfully, the human body often warns when problems are developing. This is certainly true when there are concerns with a person’s oral health. When oral health issues arise, it is important people see the Family Dentist in Kona. Prompt dental care can help to stop the problem, so the person’s oral health is no longer being compromised. With this information, people can learn about the common signs that might alert them to the need to see the dentist.
People need to see the dentist if these oral health issues are present:
* If dark or white spots begin to develop on the teeth in people of any age, this is a sign of decay. It is crucial decay is treated properly, or the health of a person can be compromised.
* Pain is the body’s way of warning a person their health is amiss. Tooth or gum pain can signal infection, injury, or decay. While minor tooth pain may occur with no reason, moderate or ongoing pain needs to be investigated by the Family Dentist in Kona.
* Open sores in the mouth that are not healing properly need to be checked by the dentist. These lesions can be cancerous so it is important a person is checked so a biopsy can be taken to ensure the sores are not cancerous so they can be properly treated.
* Any injury to the teeth, lips, tongue, or gums should be examined by the dentist. While some people rush to the emergency room when such an injury occurs, the dentist offers the most expert of treatment for injuries involving the oral cavity.
* Bad breath may be a sign of eating a pungent meal, but ongoing bad breath could be a sign of gum disease or decay in the teeth. In some cases, bad breath can be caused by a lack of saliva which can be treated at the dentist’s office.
Those who are dealing with any of these oral health concerns should see the dentist right away. For more information on the treatments that are available, browse the website of Carter S. Yokoyama D.D.S. With proper treatment, these oral concerns can be taken care of.