Perhaps you’ve always wanted a brighter, whiter smile. Or you have noticed that your teeth’s brightness has faded over time. Or you’re simply not happy with the staining that results from drinking tea, coffee, or soda.
Whatever your reasons may be for searching for teeth whitening in DC, you are not alone.
What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
Just as every person has different skin color and different hair color, people also have varying shades of tooth color. While some teeth are naturally more yellow than others, others start to yellow with age. The natural color of your teeth can be affected by many factors.
Internal discoloration and surface stains can be caused by:
- The natural process of aging
- Tobacco, tea, coffee, red wine, or cola in addition to pigmented foods such as blueberries and cherries
- Accumulation of tartar and plaque deposits
- Ingesting high amounts of fluoride
- Antibiotic tetracycline treatment during childhood
- Tooth trauma that causes a black, gray, or brown color
Why Receive Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is the number-one requested dental cosmetic service today and according to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, its popularity continues to soar. Although teeth aren’t really supposed to be a bright white, you probably won’t find anyone who wants his or her teeth to resemble a row of corn.
Here are some of the most popular reasons that people consider teeth whitening:
- To boost self-esteem and confidence that comes with a great smile
- For a younger appearance
- For a special event such as a class reunion, a job interview, or a wedding
- To make a positive first impression on others
- To reverse years of yellowing and everyday staining
Before you begun your teeth whitening procedure, it’s a good idea to consult with your dentist.
Contact The DC Dentist to evaluate whether you are a good candidate for this cosmetic treatment.