Finding a dentist that specializes in invisalign in Elk Grove Village is an easy task if you’re certain it’s what you want. But if you’re wondering about the differences and pros and cons between invisalign and braces, you may be confused about which option to choose. Here are some things you need to know so you can make an informed decision:
As the name suggests, these are virtually invisible so you can smile with confidence and ease
They can be taken off when you eat and you’re not restricted from eating certain types of foods. Enjoy your favorites, from corn on the cob, to a thick, juicy steak.
Invisalign can straighten your teeth in about half the time of traditional braces
* They can be more expensive than traditional braces
* They may not be suitable for complex dental issues
* They don’t require a lot of maintenance; regular brushing and rinsing is sufficient
* They are more suitable for complex dental issues
* They can be more affordable
* They are not removable and require less self-discipline for putting back in
* Extremely visible and can be unsightly; can be hard on self-esteem and confidence, particularly for teenagers
* There may be limitations on which foods can be eaten
* They are not removable so you have to eat with them on
* Dentist visits are required to tighten braces, which can be uncomfortable
If you have concerns or questions about which option is right for you, talk with your invisalign Elk Grove Village dentist. He or she will consult with you to discuss the process of each option. After a thorough examination, they can recommend a treatment plan that’s right for you. Your dentist may be able to offer a payment or financial plan in the event your insurance does not cover all or part of the cost. Contact Dr. Brian Homann, DDS at https://www.elkgrovevillageildentist.com/ for more details. Follow us on twitter.