If most of a person’s teeth suffer from gum disease, decay or damage, they may begin to wonder what options they have. In the past, the solution to this issue was to have the damaged teeth pulled and a set of dentures created.
Some of the issues that dentures can cause include:
• If they don’t fit properly, dentures may result in mouth or gum irritation.
• A person has to use sticky adhesives to keep them in their proper place.
• They may limit the types of food that can be eaten.
• Dentures can slip when the wearer is eating or speaking.
• Putting in or taking out partial dentures can cause quite a bit of wear on surrounding teeth.
• Regardless of how well the dentures are made, they will never look or feel totally natural.
• Every five years, dentures will need to be replaced.
The good news is there is an alternative option. Dentures in Enumclaw WA offer a tooth replacement option that is permanent and that functions like a person’s natural teeth.
Many people may wonder why, specifically, implants are the better option. This is because implants actually substitute the roots of a person’s teeth. They are surgically placed in the jaw bone, which allows the jaw to be stimulated where the tooth used to be. This means it essentially functions just like a natural tooth. Implants don’t affect the surrounding teeth, either and since they will be attached firmly, the wearer is able to eat whatever they want without worrying about dislodgment. They are also completely mess-free, don’t require any type of replacement and are much more attractive than traditional dentures.
For people who are worried about their smile, they should begin looking into various tooth replacement options. Comparing the benefits of dentures and implants is a great way to get started. For those who are interested, they can contact Business Name to learn more or to find answers to common questions.