There are several signs that it’s time to go to an experienced dentist. When you have big problems such as chipped or missing teeth, that is an obvious clue that a scheduled appointment is needed as soon as possible.
There are also more subtle signs of potential problems that need to be paid attention to also. Dentists in Valley, AL can help diagnose and repair issues pertaining to oral discomfort.
When You Need to See a Dentist Immediately
Some of the more severe to subtle signs that dentists in Valley, AL are required immediately are:
• Bad breath resulting in a bad taste or smell
• Sore gums
• Tooth pain
◦ Constant throbbing
◦ Constant pressure that radiates from a tooth
◦ Sharp pain
◦ Shooting pain
◦ Dull or achy pain
◦ Extreme sensitivity
◦ A dull pain while eating
◦ Experiencing pus or foul odor
• Jaw problems
◦ Clicking or popping when you open or close your mouth
◦ Aching pain in the face area around the ears and jaw
◦ Pain in jaw
• And more!
Emergency Dental Services
Finding an emergency dentist that is open for all dental procedures is important. Having an emergency dentist on hand can come in handy during the weekends, off hours, holidays, and anytime in between.
When trying to consider whether something is a dental emergency, these questions might help.
• Is there severe constant pain?
• Has a tooth been lost?
• Are teeth loose when they shouldn’t be?
• Is there an infection?
• Is there unexplained bleeding from the mouth?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, an emergency dental visit might be necessary.