Visiting the dentist is not at the top of everyone’s wish list. This is even more true when it comes to having to visit an oral surgeon. Is oral surgery even necessary? Absolutely! Here are a few reasons why you may need to see an oral surgeon.
1. If a tooth is diseased or impacted, it will need to be removed by an oral surgeon. The surgeon is also qualified to administer anesthesia in the office to help alleviate any associated pain.
2. Occasionally, the tooth will need to be entirely replaced, and a dental implant will be inserted into the gum line. This procedure will always be performed by an oral surgeon. The surgeon will be able to reconstruct any bone or gum tissue in preparation for the procedure and placement of the implant.
3. Many people do not realize that Oral Surgery in Summit NJ can also treat both minor and complex instances of trauma to the face. A skilled surgeon can reset a jaw that has been fractured, reconnect nerves that have been severed and even perform other procedures involving the eye sockets and forehead.
4. If infections are present or if benign or malignant tumors are found, the oral surgeon can remove these. Many instances of head, mouth, and neck cancer have been found and treated by visiting an oral surgeon.
5. If you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and surgery has been indicated as necessary, the oral surgeon will be able to perform the procedure and get you back to sleeping in a restful and carefree fashion. Sleep apnea can sometimes be fatal if left unchecked, so it is crucial that it is corrected as quickly as possible.
As you can see, there is really no reason to fear to get Oral Surgery in Summit NJ if it is warranted. There are a plethora of reasons why a visit may be necessary, and the oral surgeon and staff have only your best interests and health in mind. Clinics such as Westfield Oral Surgery have a skilled staff that can perform and assist with any oral surgery situations you may be facing.